Monday, April 1, 2013

Catching Up: Gatsby and Mad Men

There are two things quickly approaching that I am certainly excited about. They are Mad Men season 6 and The Great Gatsby film.  

Let's start with Mad Men, shall we. I am obsessed (see most recent past post, here). The eras that Mad Men covers are some of my favorite. It mixes important historical events and scandal for a must watch. And the clothing... don't even get me started!

If you subscribe to Netflix, all of the seasons are available. I am currently re-watching season 5 in preparation for season 6 on Sunday April 7th (2 hours of Mad Men fabulousness!!)... the above scene has become quite common before bedtime. 

Oh and Kiernan Shipka? Don't even get me started.. She is only 13 and an incredible actress. Plus, she has great style-- very mature and sophisticated for her age... she is a role model that young girls should be looking up to and she is a budding style icon, no doubt! 


Next up is Gatsby... seriously, people, who isn't excited for this?! Sidenote: has anyone seen the above image... I think it's great... ohhh Leo! I was super bummed when it was announced that it wouldn't be coming out for Christmas 2012 but May 10th is quickly approaching!

Well in preparation, I am re-reading Gatsby... I haven't read it since high school and I am quickly remembering all of my favorite parts... Like this quote that I Instagrammed...

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”

Are you getting as excited as I am?!
Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

6 comments:

My Cherie Amour said...

I love Madmen also, but did not start watching until last season.

I re-read The Great Gatsby this past fall in preparation for the movie and watched the movie with Robert Redford. I have my doubts about Leonardo pulling it off because I am not a huge fan of his (sorry). I hope I am wrong. Still looking forward to the movie though.

Kelly C said...

Eeeek! So excited for the Great Gatsby movie. I've had it saved in my calendar for a long long time and can not wait to see it. Definitely going to the midnight premeire for this one. I read it two summers ago and need re-read before the movie. Also love that picture, how well Leo has aged, sigh.

Portuguese Prepster said...

I need to reread it as well! Can't wait for Madmen too! It's so good!!!

Suzanne said...

Gatsy, ahh!! Can't wait!! Gosh, I can barely remember from high school, though. I'm thinking I need to re-read a bit, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been so Mad Men obsessed too! I did my last Prep Talk column on it.

Glitterista said...

I am crazy excited for the new Mad Men season and Great Gatsby, too! I was also thinking about re-reading the book before the movie comes out. ;)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure